If you are a coffee enthusiast like me, chances are the idea of acquiring and searching coffee house franchise opportunities has passed through your mind. It is striving evergreen business in the USA and Canada, with mind-blowing numbers.
In my opinion, the best way to go and build your coffee shop business is by looking for the best coffee house franchise opportunities available in North America.
As the famous Gregory Bateson said: ” Numbers are the product of counting. Quantities are the product of measurement. This means that numbers can conceivably be accurate because there is a discontinuity between each integer and the next.”
So Let’s dig deeper into the statistics before touching on the franchise opportunities available at the moment, the numbers are provided by The National Coffee Association and The Specialty Coffee Association of America.
- At the moment, there are more than 24,000 coffee shops in the United States alone, with predictions of that number going above 50,000 within the coming few years.
- Espresso drive-thru businesses are averaging 300 to 400 espresso and coffee-based drinks per day.
- A market of over 150,000,000 daily coffee consumers, which relates to more than 50% of the American population over the age of 18.
- With an average of 3 cups per day, that would translate to a large 450,000,000 cups of coffee SOLD DAILY.
- The United States imports $4 Billion worth of coffee yearly.
Coffee Shop Franchise VS Independent Business
- The Business Model: As a franchise owner, you agree with the franchiser to promote their product, use the business name and follow the franchiser processes in exchange for a one-time fee or a percentage on sale or both.
- Coffee Shop Franchise: In this case, the franchisee has no control over product lineup, branding, and decision-making. While this might be considered as a downside for some of you, I think that this model is perfect for a start-up as the products are always tested and most proven to sell since the franchiser has a history and data to prove it.
- Independent Business: here, you should keep in mind that while you have the freedom to decide on every small detail of your coffee shop business, you will lack the support of an experienced franchiser who already have been in the trenches.
- Costs Involved: As an independent business owner, you are likely to face a higher initial investment. Surely, you will have all the decisions to make in every aspect of your business. On the other side, buying a franchise have a lower investment cost, but you will have to abide by the terms and obligations defined by your franchisers and, of course, pay royalties as per your final agreement.
- The Brand: One of the most important advantages of being a franchise owner is brand recognition if the brand is well-established with a growing clientele and a crystal clear reputation I would advise you to choose this path.
- The Know-How: If this is your first business endeavor, buying a franchise can have many advantages for you. You will have access to a proven business system, company support, ongoing training, supplier discounts. Independent business owners have to do to all the work ALONE while maintaining full “autonomy.”
Now Let’s dive into some of the best franchise opportunities. Keep in mind more is to come within the following few weeks.
Casa Java Gourmet Coffee
Casa Java prides itself on the use of high-quality Arabica Coffee beans as the cornerstone of their business. From gourmet coffees to cappuccinos and teas or a wide variety of pastries like bagels, muffins, or croissants, your clients’ will be able to sit back and relax in a warm and cozy atmosphere.
Casa Java will provide you with training and support in the following areas of your business:
- Site Selection: Casa Java will help you find a new site or research the one you propose, this is very important as the location of your shop is of extreme importance to your success. They will also train you on the best practices and tactics to follow for you to pinpoint an excellent site.
- Lease Negotiation: Casa Java leasing team can assist you with your lease, and you can use a real estate attorney or an authorized broker throughout the process.
- Restaurant Design: Casa Java design and construction department will offer you every guidance you might think of, including but not limited to, drawings, design and will communicate with your landlord, contractors, and architects to ensure every client visit is a memorable one.
- Villa University: Casa Java’s national training facility will provide you with hands-on over the shoulder training for you and your staff in all aspects of running the business.
- Equipment Ordering: Making the equipment purchase as easy and fast as it can be along with additional savings due to their negotiated terms.
- Total Support: You will be assigned a Franchise Operations Consultant for the sole purpose of helping you from opening the restaurant as well as the business operation.
- Ongoing Training and Education: Franchise Operations Consultant and Corporate Training Managers will act as your eyes and ears so you can concentrate on your business. For more information about the Casa Java gourmet shop franchise, please visit this link:https://www.franchisegenius.com/Casa-Java-Franchise
Palm Beach Specialty Coffee
Below, I will go into the details of the services and support provided by Palm Beach Specialty Coffee:
- Products and services: CE-400 is an advanced coffee making machine using capsule technology, with minimum waste and mess the CE-400 sets itself among the industry’s top devices. Ideal for medium to average clients’ volume location, it is well known for its user-friendly binary option push-button system to prepare espresso (black or with milk).
- CE-900 fully automatic machine equipped with an electronic screen. The device can prepare different sizes shots of espresso in addition to a volumetric control for the best Cappuccino. The Itala Model is a fully automatic machine for a latte, cappuccino, or two sizes of espresso. Specialty drinks with milk can also be produced using steam wands.
Palm Beach Specialty Coffee LLC franchise opportunity offers different lucrative packages for you to start your distribution business.
Min Liquid Capital: $19,495
Total Investment: $19,495
Number of Units: 135
In Business Since: 2002
For more information about the Palm Beach Specialty Coffee LLC franchise, please visit this link:
Best Way To Go?
Being an independent business owner or a franchise buyer has its advantages and benefits. While I tend to strongly lean towards buying a franchise a coffee shop franchise opportunity in this case, many will argue that having control of your own business is the best way to go.
The question is, do you want to trade a proven system, historical data, brand reputation, ongoing over the shoulder training, suppliers discount, real estate advice, and many more benefits to just control?
In the coming weeks, I will post 2 to 4 more opportunities for you to study and analyze.
I invite you all to comment and share your thoughts on this topic.